2.8
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I ordered a maintenance kit for a 2014 Suzuki 115hp outboard.The kit was delivered in a timely manner, though the parts contained in the kit were not was depicted on the page from which I ordered.

The item in the kit I took issue with was the fuel filter. The picture on the web page clearly showed a complete fuel filter - element and housing. What was contained in the kit was the element only. Where that became an issue is the price difference of approximately $97.00 between the complete fuel filter and element only.

When I contacted iBoats I was told the picture of the parts in the kit on the website was "representative" and was so stated on the web page. That is false. A link has to be clicked and taken to a secondary page where the disclaimer is below the picture of "representative" items in the kit. This disclaimer should be on the order page - why would anyone go further after finding the item wanted?

A reasonable person interprets a picture on an order page to be a true depiction of the item ordered; including the multiple parts in a kit UNLESS the disclaimer is on THAT picture. Jerry's Marine Services (either the supplier of the kit for iBoats or the brick and mortar behind iBoats) did provide for return authorization and return shipping.

However, I still find this practice to be deceptive and akin to "bait and switch".A complaint has been filed with my State's Attorney General and the FTC.

Review about: Suzuki Marine Repair Kit.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Accurate depiction of parts in the kit or a disclaimer with any and all graphics or pictures stating the visual is a representation; and, a recommendation to call for specific parts contained the kit..

I liked: Customer service contact.

I didn't like: Deceptive advertising, Refusal to provide what was advertised.

Had an Experience with Iboats?

Comments